Did you know May is National Bike Month?
With it finally starting to feel like spring outside, there’s no better time to get out and enjoy the trails around Clay County!
Here’s a list of the top six places to ride your bike in Clay:
- Bonebender Trail System, Smithville Lake: This system consists of Bonebender Trail (6.0 miles) and Campground Trail (2.9 miles). Both trails are paved and meander through the scenic Camp Branch Beach and Campground.
- Watkins Woolen Mill, Kearney: Looping around the Williams Creek Lake, this 3.75 mile trail is paved and meanders through scenic park views.
- Jesse James Park, Kearney: Enjoy a scenic bike ride along this 1.5 mile trail though scenic Jesse James Park!
- Happy Rock Park, Gladstone: Happy Rock Park’s 1.3 mile paved fitness trail is perfect for a ride through the park!
- Downtown Excelsior Springs Trail System, Excelsior Springs: Approximately 2 miles long, this system winds through five parks in Excelsior Springs: Paul Craig Park, Fishing River Linear Park, Isley Park Woods, East Valley Park and Siloam Mountain Park.
- Wheel Park, North Kansas City: Home to a half mile paved circuit dedicated to bicyclists and roller skaters!