You may be looking from the forecast to your calendar and wondering if we somehow skipped straight to Spring, but technically we’re still in early Fall! Even though the high for today may be in the 70s, it’s still November! It just doesn’t feel like it quite yet…
Believe it or not, the temperatures will start dropping soon, so make sure you get out and enjoy whatever nice days we have left before it gets too chilly!
Just make sure to get out and have some fun before that pesky snow gets in the way.
October was a “spooktacular” month in Clay!
Excelsior Springs got into the Fall spirit this October with some frightfully fun seasonal events! The living dead roamed downtown Excelsior during their Zombie 5k Walk/Run. After the zombies cleared out, Excelsior celebrated with its annual Pumpkins and Mums Fall Festival!
Worlds of Fun got a little spooky during Halloween Haunt before wrapping up its 2016 season.
Look out for big changes coming to Worlds of Fun in 2017! Their season will be extended as Worlds of Fun introduces its Winterfest. Winterfest will be a six week long celebration that features live entertainment, holiday lights, ice skating, and more! Worlds of Fun will also be introducing two new rides in 2017: Falcon’s Flight and Mustang Runner! Winterfest is scheduled to start November 24th, 2017.
November is going to be an exciting month in Clay!
- November 11th: Fun Funky 2nd Fridays
- November 19th: Excelsior Springs Holiday Kickoff
- Every Weekend in November: Live Music Weekend @ Willow Spring Mercantile
- November 19th: 11th Annual Mayor’s Christmas Tree Walk
- November 7th: Jazz on the Square
- November 7th: Belvoir Winery – Corbin Theatre Jazz Night
- November 17th: History Night @ the Clay County Museum
- November 25th: 4th Fridays in Downtown Historic Liberty
- November 25th: Murder Mystery Dinner @ Belvoir Winery
- November 26th: Arts Jam @ Morning Day Café
- November 8th: Vote for Washington @ Atkins Johnson Farm and Museum
- November 22nd: Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting @ Linden Square
- November 22nd: Ice Rink @ Linden Square opens
North Kansas City
- November 5th: Wilderness Run @ Shoal Creek
- November 18th: Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting
- November 19th: Kris Kringle & K-9’s @ Waggin’s Trail Dog Park
Kansas City North
- November 12th: Holiday Lighting Celebration @ The Village at Briarcliff
- November 12th: Holiday Sip and Shop @ The Village at Briarcliff
- November 12th: Wine and Walk in Downtown Smithville