Clay County Matching Marketing Grant Partnership
Clay County Tourism would love to feature your community, business or event in their advertising for Fiscal Year 2020! We are offering you an opportunity to partner with Visit Clay and the Missouri Division of Tourism in the Matching Marketing Grant (MMG). This is a dollar for dollar matching grant for advertising your tourism businesses, events and communities.
In this packet we have outlined requirements set by Missouri Division of Tourism (MDT) and how we are able to help bring tourism dollars to your community. Thank you for your interest in promoting tourism and economic development in your community and county.
1. Deadline for submission is March 15, 2019.
2. Application is for ad placements made July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
3. Private businesses are limited to destination/tourism related business.
4. Applicant will be responsible for any additional costs to vendors, ie; vinyl production for billboards.
5. Partners will submit 2 payments to Clay County.
a. Payment CY19 (for ads run July 1 to Dec. 31, 2019) – due July 15th, 2019
b. Payment CY20 (for ads run Jan. 1 to June 30, 2020) – due January 15th, 2020
6. Visit Clay will provide a webpage solely dedicated to each partner. This page will have the look and feel of the partner that will be used to direct traffic to in our cooperative advertising placements, required by state guidelines.
7. Applicant agrees to follow design standards:
b. Clay County Design Criteria – Visit Clay logo as required by state guidelines
8. Visit Clay is available to work with partners in creating print or digital ads. Please allow 6 weeks before insertion for collaboration and design.
9. Areas available in cooperation:
a. In state – 50 miles from Clay County borders
b. Out of state – 50 miles from Clay County borders, Omaha, Des Moines, Wichita and Topeka.
11. Applicant is responsible for incidental costs for any digital or reporting required by MDT.
12. To be eligible, applicant must agree to spend the minimum in one of the following mediums
a. Print – No cost minimum, but include 2 ad insertions with minimum size of 1/6 page
b. Digital – $2,500 (total of $5,000 with state match
c. Billboard – No cost minimum, but board should run at least 6 weeks for effectiveness.
d. Radio – $5000 (total of $10,000 with state match)
e. Television – $7,500 (total of $15,000 with state match)
13. Applicant may apply for up to $25,000. Approval amount will depend on funds available
14. All funds will be matched with MDT.
15. The following application is required to be filled out by applicant for consideration in partnership.
16. Copies of advertisements will be supplied to applicant after run.
17. All applications will be reviewed by the Tourism Board. The board will make recommendations of partnerships to the Tourism Department.
18. At this time, Missouri Division of Tourism requires all digital ads are directed to the Destination Marketing Organization in your area’s website, which is Visit Clay. However, we are able to build a page suited just for you on our site containing your messaging. The goal is to support and promote you! This page will not be built to promote Visit Clay, but built to be an additional advertising place for you. It will then link to your actual page.
FY2020 MARKETING MATCHING GRANT APPLICATION PACKET
• Instructions for completing the application
• FY20 Marketing Matching Grant Partnership (MMG) Application
Review the program guidelines prior to completing the application. The FY20 Promote Missouri Fund Program Guidelines are available online at FY19 Program Information on industry.visitmo.com/programs/2019-program-info.
Clay County applications due by 5 p.m. on March 15, 2019
Electronically submitted applications due by noon on March 15, 2019
Notification of MMG awarded on June 30, 2019
Program year begins July 1, 2019
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
Lines 1 through 12 – Partner Information: Provide all requested information. Leave no blank spaces.
• Line 10 – The Project Director is the individual who will serve as the primary contact with Clay County.
• Line 12 – Describe the area marketed clearly and concisely.
Lines 13 through 17 – Project Information: Include all requested information as it relates to the project included in this application.
• Line 14 – Include all individuals with whom Clay County is authorized to discuss this contract. Be sure to include the ad agency representative if that person will be submitting materials directly to Clay County.
• Line 15 – The total funds requested amount should be no more than 50% of the total project budget.
• Line 16 – Indicate the percentage that will be spent on in-state advertising and the percentage that will be spent on out-of-state advertising.
Line 18 – Other Media Activities
• In column 1, breakout the local matching funds by print, TV, radio, other media and total the column. The
total of column 1 should equal the Local Funds amount on your Project Budget sheet.
Line 19 – Review Criteria
• Carefully address the review standards found in the application. Read each carefully. All requested information must be included. Respond ONLY in the space provided. DO NOT ATTACH ADDITIONAL PAGES.
Line 20 – Authorizing Agents
• Complete contact information is required of both the Project Director for Clay County’s Partner and the CEO of the applicant. The Project Director and the CEO may not be the same individual.
SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
NOTE: Keep a copy of the completed application for your records.
To be considered for funding, completed applications must be received at Clay County Tourism no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 15, 2019. Create an e-mail with the subject line: FY20 Marketing Matching Grant Application and attach the application. An email confirmation that all files were received and could be opened will be sent.
Electronic Method Checklist:
Applications submitted via e-mail must be received by Clay County Tourism no later than 12:00 p.m. March 15, 2019.
Test integrity of files (It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the document files work properly.)
all documents to an e-mail and deliver to email@example.com
with the following subject line: FY20 Marketing Matching Grant Partnership Application
To be considered for funding, completed applications must be received at Clay County Tourism no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 15, 2019. Consider a means of delivery that allows for tracking and be sure to allow sufficient time for delivery.
If delivering the application in person, Clay County Tourism is located at the Smithville Lake Park Office in Smithville, MO.
Mailing and Physical Address:
Clay County Tourism
MMG Partnership Application
Smithville, MO 64089