Clay County Marketing Matching Grant Partnership
Clay County Tourism would love to feature your community, business or event in their advertising for Fiscal Year 2021! We are offering you an opportunity to partner with Visit Clay and the Missouri Division of Tourism in the Matching Marketing Grant (MMG).This is a dollar for dollar matching grant for advertising your tourism businesses, events and communities.
In this packet we have outlined requirements set by Missouri Division of Tourism (MDT) and how we are able to help bring tourism dollars to your community.Thank you for your interest in promoting tourism and economic development in your community and county.
Deadline for submission is March 15, 2020.
2. Application is for ad placements made July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
3. Private businesses are limited to destination/tourism related business.
4. Applicant will be responsible for any additional costs to vendors, i.e.; vinyl production for billboards.
5. Partners will submit 2 payments to Clay County.
a. Payment CY20 (for ads run July 1 to Dec. 31, 2020) – due July 15
b. Payment CY21 (for ads run Jan. 1 to June 30, 2021) – due January 15
6. Visit Clay will provide a webpage solely dedicated to each partner. This page will have the look and feel of the partner that will be used to direct traffic to in our cooperative advertising placements, required by state guidelines.
Applicant agrees to follow design standards:
8. Visit Clay is available to work with partners in creating print or digital ads.Please allow 6 weeks before insertion for collaboration and design.
9. Areas available in cooperation:
a. In state – 50 miles from Clay County borders
b. Out of state – 50 miles from Clay County borders, Omaha, Des Moines, Wichita and Topeka.
11. Applicant is responsible for incidental costs for any digital or reporting required by MDT.
12. To be eligible, applicant must agree to spend the minimum in one of the following mediums:
a. Print – No cost minimum, but include 2 ad insertions with minimum size of 1/6 page
b. Digital – $2,500 (total of $5,000 with state match)
c. Billboard – No cost minimum, but board should run at least 6 weeks for effectiveness.
d. Radio – $5000 (total of $10,000 with state match)
e. Television – $7,500 (total of $15,000 with state match)
13. Applicant may apply for up to $25,000.Approval amount will depend on funds available.
14. All funds will be matched with MDT dollars.
15. The following application is required to be filled out by applicant for consideration in partnership.
16. Copies of advertisements will be supplied to applicant after run.
17. All applications will be reviewed by the Tourism Board. The board will make recommendations of partnerships to the Tourism Department
At this time, Missouri Division of Tourism requires all digital ads be directed to the Destination Marketing Organization website, which is Visit Clay at
. However, we are able to build a page suited just for you
on our site containing your messaging.The goal is to support and promote you! This page will not be built to promote Visit Clay, but built to be an additional advertising place for you.It will then link to your actual page.
19. Visit Clay will meet with those partners with multiple tactics to assist in media plan recommendations, goals, and media consultation.The Tourism Board and Visit Clay reserve rights to approve media plan and placements.
FY2021 MARKETING MATCHING GRANT APPLICATION PACKET
- Instructions for completing the application
- FY21 Marketing Matching Grant Partnership (MMG) Application
Review the program guidelines prior to completing the application. The FY21 Promote Missouri Fund Program Guidelines are available online at FY20 Program Information on https://industry.visitmo.com/programs/2018-program-info.
Clay County applications due by 5 p.m. -
March 15, 2020
Electronically submitted applications due by noon - March 15, 2020
Notification of MMG awards - June 30, 2020
Program year begins - July 1, 2020
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
Lines 1 through 8 – Partner Information: Provide all requested information. Leave no blank spaces.
- Line 2 – The Contact Person is the individual who will serve as the primary contact with Clay County.
- Line 8 – Describe the area marketed clearly and concisely.
- Line 9 – Include all individuals with whom Clay County is authorized to discuss this contract. Be sure to include the ad agency representative if that person will be submitting materials directly to Clay County.
- Line 10 – The total funds requested amount should be no more than 50% of the total project budget.
- Line 11 – Indicate the percentage that will be spent on in-state advertising and the percentage that will be spent on out-of-state advertising.
Lines 9 through 11 – Project Information: Include all requested information as it relates to the project included in this application.
Line 12 – Other Media Activities
- In column 1, breakout the local matching funds by print, TV, radio, other media and total the column. The
total of column 1 should equal the Local Funds amount on your Attached Insertion Outline in #13. In column 2, list the state funds you are requesting.The total amount in column 2 should not exceed the local amount in column 1.
Line 13 – Review Criteria
- Carefully address the review standards found in the application. Read each carefully. All requested information must be included.
Line 14 – Authorizing Agents
- Complete contact information is required of both the Business Owner/Event President/Community Leader and the Contact Person of the applicant. These may or may not be the same individual.
SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
NOTE: Keep a copy of the completed application for your records.
To be considered for funding, completed applications must be received at Clay County Tourism no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 15, 2020. Create an e-mail with the subject line: FY21 Marketing Matching Grant Application and attach the application. An email confirmation that all files were received and could be opened will be sent.
Electronic Method Checklist:
Applications submitted via e-mail must be received by Clay County Tourism no later than 12:00 p.m.March 15, 2020.
Test integrity of files (It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the document files work properly.)
Attach all documents to an e-mail and deliver to email@example.com with the following subject line: FY21 Marketing Matching Grant Partnership Application
To be considered for funding, completed applications must be received at Clay County Tourism no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 15, 2020. Consider a means of delivery that allows for tracking and be sure to allow sufficient time for delivery.
If delivering the application in person, Clay County Tourism is located at the Smithville Lake Park Office in Smithville, MO.
Mailing and Physical Address:
Clay County Tourism
MMG Partnership Application